Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs with capers, lemon, and garlic! This baked chicken piccata takes about 40 minutes to make (most of which is idle baking time) and is a very flavorful weeknight dinner. Gluten-free and low-carb recipe!
Gluten-free and low-carb recipe
- The ingredients include butter and chicken thighs – both have high fat, low sugar content.
- Chicken piccata contains foods that are high in protein and low in carb, such as chicken bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- There is no flour, no grains, nothing with gluten in this recipe. Gluten-free recipe.
Ingredients for baked chicken piccata
- bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- green onions
How to bake chicken piccata
This chicken recipe is so delicious and unbelievably easy to make! Just brush the chicken thighs with butter (to ensure crispy skin); arrange the chicken in the baking pan; add sliced lemons, capers, garlic, and chicken broth; and bake for 30 minutes. So easy!
This gluten-free chicken piccata comes out juicy and flavorful every time!
Other Chicken Recipes
- Low-carb, gluten-free chicken bake with Cheddar cheese: Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken
- Chicken breasts are smothered with creamed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, and then baked in the oven: Chicken Smothered with Bacon and Creamed Spinach
- Here is another low-carb and gluten-free chicken breast recipe with Mozzarella cheese: Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs with capers, lemon, and garlic! This baked chicken piccata is easy to make and makes a very flavorful weeknight dinner. Gluten-free recipe!
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 lemon , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onions , cleaned and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
Brush chicken thighs thoroughly with melted butter. Arrange chicken in a medium-size baking pan.
Sprinkle minced garlic over and around the chicken thighs.
Add lemon slices and capers around the chicken thighs.
Add chicken broth to the bottom of the baking pan, without pouring it over the chicken thighs (chicken thighs should only have butter brushed over them - to make the skin crispy). Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake the chicken until completely cooked through and the skin on top is golden brown and crispy, for about 30 minutes. Internal temperature should register 175 degrees F.
- To serve, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onions.
Adapted from BHG