Lemon blueberry bread made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and baked to perfection!
This easy Lemon blueberry bread makes a great sweet breakfast!
It's quite refreshing to have a slice of this lemon blueberry bread for breakfast with a cup of hot tea or coffee! It works great as a coffee cake!
Make sure to coat the berries in flour before folding them into the batter - it will help prevent them from sinking!
If you have trouble retrieving your breads from the bread pan in one piece, I suggest greasing the pan with butter, then lining the bottom and 2 sides of it with parchment paper, and greasing the parchment paper too:
Lemon blueberry bread
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest grated
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8x4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.