Grilled Salmon and Parmesan Zucchini Pasta - perfect combination for a delicious Summer dinner!
I now have a new favorite salmon recipe! Super easy! Salmon is marinated for 30 minutes in plain tamari sauce and then grilled in a foil packet. While salmon marinates, you quickly prepare a side dish that goes wonderfully with grilled salmon - Parmesan zucchini pasta. The end product is this appetizing plateful of fish and noodles:
I recently discovered a tamari sauce. I bought it mainly because it was gluten free, but then I fell in love with flavor. While it's similar to soy sauce, there are significant differences. Soy sauce is much saltier than tamari, and tamari has a richer yet calmer flavor. In this recipe, you can substitute low-sodium soy sauce for tamari if you don't have the latter, but I would highly recommend purchasing tamari sauce - they sell it everywhere these days!
By the way, on the photos here I am using gluten free brown rice spaghetti pasta which makes this recipe completely gluten free! Of course, if you're not gluten intolerant - just use regular spaghetti.
Grilled Salmon and Parmesan Zucchini Pasta
- 4 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
Parmesan Zucchini Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchinis regular size, sliced, or 1 very large zucchini, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 8 ounces spaghetti (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice pasta spaghetti style)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- salt and pepper
- Place each salmon fillet skin down into a baking dish. Brush each fillet with a small amount of tamari sauce (about 1 tablespoon per each fillet). Let salmon marinate for 30 minutes. In the mean time, prepare the pasta as described below.
- Preheat a gas grill.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sliced zucchini and minced garlic and saute for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, until zucchini softens and browns a bit, uncovered. Midway through cooking, season with salt. Note: Depending on the size of your skillet, you might have to cook zucchini in 2 separate batches.
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water (to stop pasta from cooking). Add cooked pasta into the skillet with zucchini and garlic, on low heat. Add freshly shredded Parmesan cheese into the skillet and stir pasta on low heat to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover, and remove from heat.
Grilling the salmon:
- Place each salmon fillet on an individual piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Brush each salmon fillet with more tamari sauce. Wrap each salmon tightly into foil packets. Place the foil packets with salmon on the hot grill and cook for 10-15 minutes to reach the desired doneness.
- Remove each salmon fillet from the packet and serve over pasta. If salmon is not salty enough, brush the top of each salmon with a touch of tamari sauce.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.