Garlic Lime Salmon with Honey-Lime Pineapple Salsa - easy and delicious! The salmon is baked with garlic, fresh lime slices, and butter. Topped with Pineapple, Mandarin Oranges, Pomegranate, and Kiwi Salsa with Honey-Lime Sauce.
It's winter right now, and during these cold months I always make sure that my dinner menu includes lots of healthy stuff, including food containing Vitamin C and antioxidants. This recipe is perfect for these cold winter months when we need a lot of nutrients for our bodies!
The salsa ingredients are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants: pomegranate seeds, pineapple, mandarin oranges, kiwi. The salmon is baked with fresh lime and with lots of garlic. Lots of good stuff in this little recipe!
I used a very large salmon fillet (it was about 1 ½ lb) with skin-on. It was a perfect size for my medium casserole dish. Of course, this recipe works just the same with smaller salmon fillets, as long as they are about 1 ½ to 2 lb in total weight. But, I start making this recipe by preparing pineapple salsa first, before I cook the fish.
How do you make pineapple salsa?
So easy! First, you combine diced pineapple, mandarin oranges, sliced kiwi and pomegranate seeds in a medium bowl. Then, in a smaller bowl, whisk together warm honey and lime juice. Add honey lime mixture to the bowl with fruit, mix everything gently, and your delicious pineapple salsa is ready! It's super refreshing and goes very nicely with garlic lime salmon.
What is a good side dish to have with salmon?
You'll never make a mistake if you serve rice with this garlic lime salmon. I cooked jasmine rice, then poured garlic lime butter juices from cooking salmon over the rice and topped it with extra pomegranate seeds. Jasmine rice with all that garlic butter sauce and pomegranate seeds makes a great presentation, and it's very tasty, too.
How long and at what temperature do I bake salmon?
I baked this garlic lime salmon in the preheated oven at 375 F, uncovered for about 15-20 minutes just until the salmon got flaky and was not raw when sliced in the thickest part of the fish. I used a medium-size casserole dish, just as pictured in the photo:
What if you want some veggies in your diet, so what vegetable to serve with this lime salmon?
Steamed asparagus is always great. Or, you can also try these delicious Asiago cheese roasted broccoli - they are so good and crunchy! Also, for a more comforting side dish - try these easy scalloped potatoes.
Garlic Lime Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 mandarin oranges , peeled and separated
- 1 kiwi , peeled and sliced
- ½ cup pineapple , diced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons honey , softened
- 1.5 lb salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ lime , fresh and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter , sliced
- parsley , fresh and chopped
How to make pineapple salsa:
- In a medium bowl toss together segmented mandarin oranges, sliced kiwi, diced pineapple, and pomegranate seeds.
- Make the dressing: in a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of ½ of fresh lime, add softened honey and whisk together until well-combined. Pour over the fruit and toss to combine.
How to cook salmon:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To a medium-size casserole dish, add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and spread on the bottom. Add salmon fillet skin side down to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt on top.
- Top salmon with minced garlic. Add lime slices all around. Top with sliced butter, unmelted.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or longer (depends on your oven), or until the salmon is cooked through. Remove from the oven. Remove lime slices from the casserole dish.
- Pour the salsa over cooked salmon.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I would love to try this for our church Christmas party this weekend. I’m sure my friends would love it. Thanks for sharing Julia. Happy Holidays! ⭐️
This would be a great holiday dinner entrée! Enjoy the recipe and Happy Holidays! 🙂 🙂 🙂
I've made it twice in one week. Once for my daughters and once for my husband. Everyone loved it and it's so easy to make!
Thank you! 🙂