Baked Chicken Zucchini with Bacon is a low carb dinner packed with protein and veggies! Chicken breasts are smothered with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Everything is baked in a casserole dish. This easy and quick family-friendly meal is gluten-free.
Chicken and zucchini make the best combination! Take a look at family favorite chicken zucchini pasta.
This Chicken and Zucchini Bake with Parmesan & Mozzarella is made in a casserole dish. It's a delicious one-pan meal with only one dish to clean! The chicken is seasoned with dry Ranch seasoning mix. The chicken breasts are moist and tender. They are baked with lots of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese in a casserole dish. This is a great recipe if you're looking to incorporate more veggies into your recipes.
The low-carb chicken zucchini recipe
- Chicken adds a good amount of protein to your dinner.
- Zucchini is low in calories and a good source of dietary fiber.
- All the ingredients used in this recipe have a low-carb count: chicken, zucchini, bacon, Parmesan, Mozzarella, bacon.
- Want more delicious low-carb chicken bakes? Try this cream cheese chicken or buffalo chicken bake.
Why you will love this recipe
- Everything is baked in a casserole dish. The clean up is minimal! One pan to clean.
- It's a great recipe if you want to add veggies to your dinner in a delicious way.
- Baked chicken with zucchini is a low-carb, gluten-free recipe, packed with protein!
- Because there is so much protein in this recipe, it will keep you full and satisfied for a long time! Miss carbs? Pair this chicken zucchini with easy-to-make four cheese pasta (use store-bought cheese mix) or mushroom pasta.
- The flavors are amazing! Zucchini, crispy bacon, Mozzarella, and Parmesan. All that on top of chicken breasts seasoned with Ranch mix!
- Everyone in your family will love this recipe! After all, it has bacon!
Serve this Chicken Zucchini Bake with roasted veggies, such as asparagus or broccoli. If you want to add carbs to your dinner, serve this over plain or flavored rice. You can also serve the chicken with angel hair pasta or spaghetti. Here are more ideas:
How to make baked chicken zucchini
1) Heat oven to 375 F.
2) Add 4 chicken breasts to casserole dish.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with dry Ranch seasoning.
4) Top with sliced zucchini.
5) Top with chopped cooked bacon.
6) Top with shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
7) Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
8) Broil for the last 2-3 minutes (optional).
9) Remove from the oven.
10) Allow the chicken zucchini rest in the casserole dish for 5-10 minutes. It will continue cooking as it rests.
Other chicken bake recipes with veggies
Main dishes with zucchini
- Parmesan Zucchini Spaghetti Squash with Pine Nuts
- Thai Zucchini Noodles
- Parmesan Zucchini Chicken Pasta
Chicken Zucchini Bake with Bacon
- 4 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 0.5 oz dry Ranch seasoning (½ packet)
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 6 strips bacon cooked, drained, chopped
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Add 4 chicken breasts to casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken with dry Ranch seasoning mix.
- Top with sliced zucchini and chopped cooked bacon.
- Top with shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Broil for the last 2-3 minutes (optional).
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow the chicken rest in the casserole dish. It will continue cooking as it rests for 5-10 minutes.
- Use regular chicken breasts or thinly sliced chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are large, slice each one in half horizontally. By doing this, you can make 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts out of each large chicken breast.
- The chicken should be cooked through in about 20 minutes. The actual time depends on your oven. All ovens are different. It also depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Thin chicken breasts will cook faster.
- The chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink in the center.
- When broiling, check often. Make sure the cheese doesn't burn too much on top of the chicken.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I have just made this. 375° for 20 minutes? Not even close to cooked. Thin breasts, accurate oven temperature. Just put it in for another 20 minutes.
Lisa, thank you for the feedback!
Hi I didn’t get as good a cheese melt as I se on your pics and my zucchini seemed uncooked. I had breast cutlets but still had to cook for 45 minutes. Cheese was dry however it did taste great. What did I do wrong?
Carol, I broiled this dish for the last 2 or 3 minutes (might be longer for certain ovens). Also, slice the zucchini really thinly. I hope it turns out better next time! 🙂
Do you have to use the bacon?
You don't have to but it certainly adds a lot of flavor. You can also use prosciutto.
Enjoyed the meal. Taste was good. Even after cutting the chicken breasts in half, I had to double the cook time and cover the last 20 minutes because the cheese dried out in the 10 minute sitting time. Maybe I will try cutting the chicken in smaller pieces next time.
Kami, thank you for such a detailed and helpful comment - great feedback!
I too cooked mine for 40 minutes to get to 165.
I added fresh basil and crushed red Pepper flakes
Jan, thanks for the feedback! Keep in mind that the chicken continues to cook in residual heat after it's pulled out of the oven.
Came out delicious.
Thank you, Paul, and thanks for the 5-star review! 🙂
Love this recipe, I make it all the time. I like to make your Parmesan and Garlic Pasta and Zucchini with it.
Judy, I am so happy this is one of your favorites. And, it does go well with the zucchini pasta recipe! 🙂
Where is the zucchini pasta recipe!?
This recipe is for a chicken bake but I do have a delicious recipe for zucchini pasta here: Parmesan Zucchini Tomato Chicken Spaghetti.
I did this recipe last night and it was delicious! I didn't have dry Ranch mix so I used a pack of dry onion/garlic/wine chicken marinade, followed the instructions on the package and then followed all the other steps of your recipe. It will become a staple on our menu. Thank you!
Alex, I am so happy you gave this recipe a try and enjoyed it! Love your creativity with the flavorings. Thank you for the comment and the 5-star review! 🙂
Will definitely make this again! I grilled the chicken first so it really just melted the cheese and crisp cooked the zucchini in the oven. I like the zucchini a bit less wilted but next time I might cook it just a touch before topping the chicken. I was not expecting to like this so much but it was great:)
Margaret, your comment made my day! 🙂 Thank you for sharing how you made this dish - grilling the chicken first! That sounds delish!
Made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious and very easy to make.
This dish is fantastic! We loved it the first time I made it. Just made it again but added a little marinara to each breasts just to give it a little twist. Winner, winner!! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
Christina, I am so happy you've enjoyed this recipe! Adding a little marinara sounds delicious!
I haven't made this receipe yet, I was just wondering do I have to add the bacon
You can skip the bacon, but it certainly adds a ton of flavor. You can also use prosciutto instead.
Have you ever tried it with diced tomatoes?
Diced tomatoes would be a great addition! Even better, sliced cherry tomatoes!
Anna, I am very glad you enjoyed this recipe! 🙂
Haven’t tried yet bu5 plan to. Sounds delicious. Is this something I can put together in the morning and make for dinner? Thx.
I would say yes although I grilled the chicken first and just let it finish in the oven.