Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate Seeds, and Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing - a great choice for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, or any other Fall and Winter holiday menu!
This butternut squash and spinach salad is a perfect Autumn or Winter side dish, since it uses lots of seasonal ingredients that are available this time of the year. Healthy, gluten-free, packed with nutrients and fiber!
Ingredients you need for butternut squash salad:
- 3 cups of Roasted Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
How to make honey lime salad dressing:
- In a medium bowl combine ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, 3 tablespoons of softened honey, 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Whisk until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
How to make butternut squash salad:
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of roasted butternut squash (cubed), 10 oz of chopped spinach leaves, ⅔ cup of pecans, ½ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
- Add the Honey Lime salad dressing and gently toss.
- Top with the remaining ⅓ cup pecan halves and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
Other amazing Butternut Squash Salads:
- Butternut Squash Salad with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cranberries, and Pecans
- Autumn Butternut Squash Salad with Pumpkin Seeds
- Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad with Pine Nuts, Caramelized Onions and Feta cheese
Other amazing Thanksgiving salads:
- Winter Fruit Salad with Maple Lime Dressing - the holiday ingredient list includes red apples, pears, clementine oranges (or mandarin oranges), kiwi fruit, dried cranberries, and pomegranate seeds.
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate - perfect healthy Thanksgiving salad with Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing.
- Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Pecans - this holiday salad is all about crisp, shredded Brussels sprouts tossed with slightly sweet honey mustard vinaigrette, dried cranberries and chopped pecans. One of the best Fall salads you'll ever make!
Other Butternut Squash Recipes:
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
- Butternut Squash Chili
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate
Roasted butternut squash:
Roasted butternut squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded),1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and toss to mix.
- Place butternut squash in a single layer on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once half-way through baking, until softened.
Honey Lime Salad Dressing:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
How to assemble butternut squash salad
- In a large bowl, combine roasted butternut squash, spinach leaves (chop them up a little), ⅔ cup of pecans, ½ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
- Add the salad dressing and gently toss.
- Top with the remaining ⅓ cup pecans and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.