Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken with Red Onions and Mozzarella Cheese - a delicious way to cook chicken breasts and keep them moist, flavorful and far from boring!
If you're looking for an easy pineapple chicken recipe or Hawaiian BBQ style chicken - this recipe is a perfect choice to try! All you have to do is throw 4 chicken breasts into a medium size casserole dish, top it with BBQ sauce, then add diced pineapple, cooked bacon, red onions, and shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake it uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes, and your dinner is ready! Your bacon pineapple BBQ chicken will be smothered in a lot of goodness and, therefore, will remain moist and tender which is what we want for chicken breasts.
The result tastes so good! and, no wonder, chicken and pineapple combination is always good, especially when the BBQ sauce is involved. The chicken will look pretty good too, with lots of colors:
This is just like grilled Hawaiian BBQ chicken, but without the need to turn on the grill.
How do you make bacon pineapple BBQ chicken?
Start by adding chicken breasts to the baking dish. It's not really necessary to season the chicken breasts with salt or pepper, as we are about to pile up a whole bunch of flavorful ingredients on top.
Next, top with about 1 cup of BBQ sauce, to cover all chicken breasts. Use more BBQ sauce if needed.
Then, top your chicken with diced pineapple (from the can):
Top with diced, cooked bacon:
Add sliced red onion:
Top with mozzarella cheese:
Bake your pineapple BBQ chicken for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and no longer pink in the center.
Top with diced green onions, and serve:
Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless - use thinly sliced chicken breasts)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 6 strips bacon cooked and diced
- ¼ red onion sliced (about ¼ cup) + extra
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Use thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Using a spoon, brush chicken breasts with BBQ sauce.
- Top with diced pineapple.
- Add chopped cooked bacon on top of the chicken.
- Top with sliced red onion.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
- To serve, top chicken with a small amount of extra diced pineapple, a little bit of remaining sliced red onion, and diced green onions.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.