This easy Asparagus Chicken Bake with Bacon is a low-carb and high protein weeknight dinner. Only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes of cooking time. The cleanup is minimal! Chicken covered with Ranch dressing and Cheddar cheese is moist and flavorful!
Low-carb chicken bake
- This Asparagus Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake is just like stuffed chicken but much easier. Just arrange all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake! What you get is a flavorful and creamy chicken bake with a nice cheesy crust on the outside.
- This dish is packed with protein (chicken) and fiber (asparagus). It's a low-carb meal like this delicious chicken zucchini.
- Baked chicken and asparagus is gluten-free just like Hasselback chicken with cream cheese and bacon. Note: make sure the Ranch dressing you use is gluten-free.
Why make this recipe
- You only need 5 ingredients. Chicken breasts, asparagus, bacon, Ranch dressing, Cheddar cheese. That's it! So easy and simple.
- This is not a boring chicken breast recipe. The chicken is smothered with bacon, Cheddar cheese, and Ranch dressing. This creamy and cheesy asparagus chicken bake has lots of flavors.
- One-pan recipe. Just throw everything in a casserole dish and bake in the oven! Easy and quick. Minimal clean-up.
- Perfect for meal preps, lunch or dinner.
Moist and flavorful chicken. Because the chicken and asparagus are all covered with Ranch dressing and Cheddar cheese, they cook to perfection.
- Low-carb chicken recipe. This chicken bake is low in carbs and high in protein.
- Use skinless boneless chicken breasts or skinless boneless chicken thighs.
- Use Cheddar, Mozzarella, Colby, or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Don't have asparagus? Use broccoli or green beans. You can also use sliced zucchini.
This creamy baked chicken and asparagus will match perfectly with these sides:
- Roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes
- Cauliflower rice
- Mashed cauliflower
- Angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- Use a medium-size casserole dish. I used the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
- Use 4 thin chicken breasts. Or, use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
- The total baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Thinly sliced chicken breasts will cook faster. Total baking time should be about 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven at 375 F.
- There is no need to add salt. The baked chicken and asparagus get all the salt from the bacon, the ranch dressing, and the cheddar cheese.
How to bake chicken and asparagus
Step-by-step photos follow below to show how to bake chicken and asparagus in a casserole dish.
1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish.
3) Add chopped asparagus.
4) Add chopped cooked bacon.
5) Spread Ranch dressing over the chicken breasts.
6) Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
7) Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
8) Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
Main dish recipes with asparagus and chicken
- Tomato Asparagus Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Tortellini
- One-Pan Pesto Chicken with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Pesto Chicken Tortellini with Asparagus and Tomatoes
More easy chicken bake recipes
- Cajun Chicken with Bell Peppers
- Pepperoni Chicken Bake with Mozzarella
- Baked Ranch Chicken with Broccoli and Bacon
One-Pan Asparagus Chicken Bake with Bacon and Ranch
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ pound asparagus chopped into thirds (2-inch slices)
- 6 strips bacon cooked, chopped
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish.
- Add chopped asparagus all around and on top of the chicken.
- Add chopped cooked bacon around and on top of the chicken.
- Spread Ranch dressing over the chicken breasts.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.