Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
The Best (and easy) Mashed Sweet Potatoes, with butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and Montreal steak seasoning – a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors! You’ll love these potatoes!
In this recipe, it is important that you melt the butter together with maple syrup and Montreal steak seasoning for 2-3 minutes to soften the Montreal steak seasoning before adding it to the already mashed sweet potatoes. This recipe only gets better the next day, after sitting in the refrigerator, which is all the better, since you can make it in advance! The Montreal steak seasoning combined with butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup make these potatoes truly the very best mashed sweet potatoes you’ll ever have!
This recipe is much easier than regular sweet potato casseroles, and it is healthier than many mashed sweet potato recipes as I am using no milk and no heavy cream. The sweet potatoes themselves are really so creamy, there is no need for milk or cream. Just some flavorful seasonings and butter:
- 2.5 pounds yums (3 medium size yum potatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Montreal seasoning
- Peel sweet potatoes (yums), slice them into small cubes and cook in boiling water for 20 or 30 minutes, until tender. Rinse and drain.
- In a medium skillet or pan, heat butter, maple syrup, Montreal seasoning on small-medium heat, until butter is melted and cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes on low heat (to soften Montreal seasoning).
- In a large bowl, using a fork or a potato masher, mash sweet potatoes. After the potatoes are mashed, add the butter-maple-syrup-Montreal-seasoning mixture and mix well.
More from my site
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries
- Maple Butternut Squash, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Pumpkin Seeds, and Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Butternut Squash, Kale, Pecan, Cranberry, Apple Salad
- Oyster mushrooms, garlic, and green onions saute (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Radish Tomato Avocado Salad with Balsamic Dressing
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: