Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Penne Pasta – chicken breast, broccoli, garlic in a simple homemade cream sauce. Delicious, creamy, Italian-style pasta dinner. Everybody (both kids and adults) love this pasta dish!
If you’re tired of dry, tasteless chicken breast recipes, then it’s time to try different ways to cook chicken. This cheesy chicken and broccoli pasta dish is super easy to make, and the chicken breast is moist and tender, as it is smothered in a creamy, white cheese alfredo sauce.
This pasta has become one of my most favorite chicken dinner recipes! This recipe is perfect for boneless skinless chicken breasts you might have sitting idly in your fridge!
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well. Cut into small florets.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium-high heat (until hot but not smoking) and saute chicken breast (seasoned generously with salt and pepper on both sides) for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the skillet from heat, cover with the lid, and let the chicken rest, off heat, covered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add minced garlic to the same skillet and cook it in chicken juices and oil remaining in the pan, scraping up the chicken bits from the bottom of the pan, on medium heat for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant, making sure to avoid burning. Add cooked and sliced broccoli and mix in with garlic. Remove from the pan.
- To make the creamy sauce, in the same skillet heat up 1 cup of heavy cream until it boils. Immediately add the cheese and stir until melted and nice and creamy. Reduce heat to medium-low, and slowly, in small portions, add milk, constantly stirring, simmering, until nice and creamy consistency is reached.
- Add cooked pasta to the creamy sauce, then add broccoli. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced, cooked chicken.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: