Parmesan Zucchini & Garlic Pasta
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Zucchini has been on my mind lately, mainly because a huge zucchini has been sitting in my fridge for quite some time begging to be used and not wasted. The zucchini was really huge, similar in size to this jumbo zucchini (scroll down and you’ll see the zucchini on her head 🙂 ). I wanted to take some funny pictures with it too, but instead I’ve made this delicious Parmesan Zucchini & Garlic Pasta:
The dish came out so delicious – I couldn’t get enough of it:
MY OTHER VIDEOS
I’ve used gluten-free spaghetti for this recipe (Tinkyada brand), but, of course, you can use regular spaghetti, too. It was a very tasty (and healthy) Saturday dinner.
Parmesan Zucchini & Garlic Pasta recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchinis or 1 very large zucchini, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces spaghetti (for gluten free version, use Tinkyada brown rice pasta spaghetti style)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sliced zucchini and minced garlic and saute for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, until zucchini softens and browns a bit, uncovered. Midway through cooking, season with salt. Note: Depending on the size of your skillet, you might have to cook zucchini in 2 separate batches.
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water (to stop pasta from cooking). Add cooked pasta into the skillet with zucchini and garlic, on low heat. Add freshly shredded Parmesan cheese into the skillet and stir pasta on low heat to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Did you notice that the above recipe was gluten free? For more good gluten free recipes, check out my GLUTEN FREE SAVORY RECIPES board on PINTEREST:
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: