Lemon blueberry bread
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Lemon blueberry bread made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and baked to perfection!
It’s an easy bread recipe – takes about 15 minutes to make, and you can use either fresh or frozen berries.
It’s quite refreshing to have a slice of this blueberry bread for breakfast with a cup of hot tea or coffee! It works great as a coffee cake!
Make sure to coat the berries in flour before folding them into the batter – it will help prevent them from sinking!
If you have trouble retrieving your breads from the bread pan in one piece, I suggest greasing the pan with butter, then lining the bottom and 2 sides of it with parchment paper, and greasing the parchment paper too:
Then, add the cake batter to the pan. It should be about this much full:
And bake your blueberry lemon bread to perfection until tester comes out clean and the top is golden-brown:
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8x4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.
Follow me on Pinterest: – YOU won’t be disappointed 🙂 :
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: