Pineapple mango salsa

Pineapple mango salsa, tropical fruit salsa, pineapple and mango salsa, recipe for mango salsa

I am very excited to see the first fresh mangoes of the season – so, naturally, I made some fresh pineapple mango salsa – one of my favorite ways to eat mangoes! Pineapple mango salsa is not just a salsa, it’s a salad, a side dish, an appetizer. While it’s great as-is, as a light snack, it’s also great when served atop a fish, grilled chicken, or pork.

The flavors of tropical fruit and veggies mingle really well in this dish. And, lime juice, salt and pepper provide just enough seasoning to the salsa to bring out all the right flavors. But, sometimes it’s nice to have some extra spice or extra heat, and I occasionally like to add a touch of red chili powder, cayenne pepper and/or cajun seasoning to my salsa to spice it up. I list those spices as OPTIONAL under my recipe instructions, as the recipe is just as good without them, too. I hope you will enjoy this healthy, vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan recipe full of fresh tropical fruit and veggies!

Pineapple mango salsa

Pineapple mango salsa

• 1 mango, peeled, cored, chopped in small cubes
  • 2 cups pineapple, chopped in small cubes
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each chopped in half
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup red onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
  • a pinch of red chili powder (optional)
  • a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

1. Mix all chopped ingredients for in a large bowl, add lime juice, add salt and pepper to taste and optional spices (if desired) - and mix well. Set aside to allow the juices combine together.

MY BEST BOARDS ON PINTEREST:

I collect the most popular & repinned recipes on this PINTEREST board:
Follow my PUMPKIN board on Pinterest

It’s a PUMPKIN SEASON! Check out my PUMPKIN board on PINTEREST:
Follow my PUMPKIN board on Pinterest

If you love PASTA, see amazing recipes on my PASTA Board on PINTEREST:
Follow my PASTA board on Pinterest

• Angie (@angiesrecipess) April 29, 2014, 4:51 am

What a beautiful salsa! The colour screams SUMMER!

• ela@GrayApron April 29, 2014, 11:16 am

I’m always intrigued when fruit and veggies are mixed in a salad! Your combo sounds and looks fantastic, Julia! :) ela

• Matt @ Runner Savvy April 29, 2014, 8:00 pm

This would be great on fish or chicken!

• John@Kitchen Riffs April 30, 2014, 1:15 pm

I haven’t gotten any mangoes yet this year! And I love them, and so need to. Lovely salsa — I usually use just mangoes, but am going to add pineapple next time I make it. Good stuff — thanks.

• Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet April 30, 2014, 5:19 pm

I have been craving fruity salsa! This looks fantastic! Pinned!

• Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking April 30, 2014, 9:37 pm

Phew! I am relieved to know I’m not the only one who also thinks of mango salsa as a side dish! Its just so good, I can’t help myself! Yours looks AMAZING as always. Beautiful colors! Can’t wait to try it out!

• Daniela May 6, 2014, 11:33 pm

This is such a colorful and refreshing salsa.
    Lov e the presentation too, Julia, an absolute eye candy!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 10, 2014, 10:37 am

I have never had mango!! I need to try this salsa, I bet it’s amazing.

• Christin@SpicySouthernKitchen May 12, 2014, 6:13 pm

Love the pictures! The colors of the salsa are so bright and cheerful!

• Karin June 1, 2014, 4:39 pm

Love this! Also works well with cucumbers instead of pineapple. Have used radishes instead of peppers. It all works beautifully. I made enough for a week of lunches and it was great to the last spoonful!

• Julia July 8, 2014, 3:05 pm

Wow, what a great idea to use cucumbers! I’ve got to try that! And yes, it does make a delicious lunch!