Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Do you like peaches and cream? What about peaches and ice-cream? Or even better, a peach cobbler with chocolate chip ice-cream? Unbelievably delicious and easy to make. With the peach season knocking at our doors, I felt compelled to post this amazing recipe for my most favorite peach cobbler!
It’s a perfect Spring and Summer time fruit dessert! It’s especially good when served warm, with ice-cream melting under the warmth of the cobbler – yum! Enjoy!
MY OTHER VIDEOS
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- chocolate chip ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, combine the peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and water. Mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish thoroughly (on the bottom and along the sides), put the butter in it and place in oven to melt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, remaining 1 cup of sugar, and whisk well. Add milk and mix slowly with the flour mixture to prevent clumping until smooth batter forms. Pour the batter into the baking dish over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (or longer, depending on your oven), until golden.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: