Do Greek yogurt and Nutella go well together? Can you combine the two and eat them for breakfast? The answer is yes, if you’re talking about these muffins, made with Greek yogurt and a swirl of Nutella in the center. From now on, this could well become your favorite way to combine Greek yogurt and Nutella.
The batter for these delicate muffins is made with 2/3 cup of Greek yogurt + only 1/3 cup vegetable oil, making a total of 12 muffins. As a result, the muffins acquire very much cake-like texture: they are not very heavy, nor are they dense. Adding a swirl of Nutella in the center makes them almost …
I have to admit, when I made these muffins I liked them so much I kept them all to myself. So, if my husband is reading this, he might doubt that these ever existed, since he never saw one. Boy, did he miss out on them!
Topped with brown sugar and cinnamon streusel, these Nutella muffins will melt in your mouth, and you will find yourself looking for excuses to have one for breakfast, another one for lunch, and a third one for dessert. You might even be tempted to hide these from your family and become uncharacteristically selfish.
I highly recommend you make these muffins with Greek yogurt and Nutella! Especially if you have a big 2 lb can of Greek yogurt – do use 2/3 cup of it on these! You won’t be disappointed. They’ve become my favorite muffins this summer!
Greek yogurt muffins with Nutella
Total time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% plain, Chobani Greek yogurt)
- 1 jar Nutella
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour (or more)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Use one regular size muffin pan (12 muffins)
Makes 12-14 regular size muffins
To make muffins:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3) In a separate large bowl, add vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
4) Add flour mixture from step 2 to the liquid mixture in step 3 and mix just enough to combine.
To make the topping:
Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter in a small bowl. Mix until you have crumb-like mixture.
6) Fill muffin cups with the muffin batter about 1/3 full. Add a generous layer of Nutella. Add more muffin batter on top of Nutella to make muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the streusel topping over muffins. Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven.
Disclosure: Chobani sent me several kinds of Greek Yogurt to play around with in the kitchen. The recipe, photos, and thoughts in this post are all my own. Aside from receiving a free product from Chobani, I was NOT compensated to write this post. I only write about things I love, and Chobani is one of my most favorite products.