This is simply the best recipe I’ve found so far for the most moist, perfectly sweetened, and easy banana bread. I added walnuts to this recipe, but they are totally optional, even though I love my banana bread with walnuts. This recipe is so easy, you don’t even need a mixer – just mix everything with a big wooden spoon!
I’ve been eating this walnut banana bread for both breakfast and dessert for the past week and just love it!
Banana bread with walnuts
Total time: 1 hour
Adapted from Simply Recipes.
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl, mix butter into the mashed bananas, using wooden spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over0mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
3) Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
4) Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.
More banana recipes:
- Banana whoopie pies with fluffy peanut butter frosting
- Whole wheat banana bread muffins with apples and pecans
- Low fat banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Banana apple bread with caramel sauce and pecans
- Pumpkin banana muffins with apples and cinnamon
- Pumpkin banana bread with apples
- Apple banana muffins with pecans and dulce de leche drizzle
- Thick and chewy banana oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips
- Strawberry banana bread with blueberries
- Banana bread with blueberries
- Banana bundt cake