My favorite pomegranates

I love pomegranate seeds. I love them plain, eating seed by seed as a snack; I love them in my pomegranate martinis. I use them in recipes, and I just plainly love to look at them. Growing up it was my favorite snack when they were in season. My sister and I would usually each eat a whole pomegranate every day while reading books, for example. Not surprisingly, the pages of those books had a lot of red stains. These days, I browse internet while eating pomegranates, and it’s definitely easier to clean a laptop from red pomegranate juice splatter than to clean book’s white pages.

pomegranate

pomegranate

pomegranate

More recipes with pomegranate seeds:

MY OTHER VIDEOS

PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN\’

• Monique November 26, 2012, 6:56 am

I love the way the look whole..broken.. 🙂 I love the seeds..how they make food look so beautiful..They really are perfect:)

Except for..the splatters:)No matter how I get them out..I get splatters..not crazy about the total submersion in water..some of the juice seems robbed to me:)

• Julia November 26, 2012, 10:37 pm

They do splatter and stain – I used to read books when I was a child while eating pomegranates. You can imagine what those books looked like … 🙂

• [email protected] November 26, 2012, 10:18 am

Very pretty!

• Julia November 26, 2012, 10:38 pm

Thank you :).

• Jen November 26, 2012, 12:12 pm

What lovely photos! They really do justice to the color of pomegranates. I use pomegranate scented perfume this time of year and just love the fragrance – so strong and full of passion.

• Julia November 26, 2012, 10:39 pm

Wow, a pomegranate perfume! I never even thought those existed. That must be interesting – I have to look it up! I love everything pomegranate: from eating them plain to using them in martinis or food.

• Jen November 27, 2012, 6:24 pm

It’s Midnight Pomegranate from Bath and Body Works. There’s also a nice pomegranate body wash in the Philosophy line (I think you can get that at Sephora). It’s a nice winter fragrance.

• Julia November 27, 2012, 8:28 pm

I will definitely check it out. Thank you! 🙂

• Laura Dembowski November 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

Sometimes I just eat pomegranates because they’re so healthy, but last night I had the best pomegranate ever. I could have just kept eating it. Now I’m craving more.

• Julia November 27, 2012, 8:29 pm

I LOVE how they taste. They are really sweet and tart at the same time – my favorite flavor. I also love real sour cherries from a real tree (not from a can).