Happy Thanksgiving!

I am now on INSTAGRAM <--- would love you to follow!

Thanksgiving cornish game hens with dried fruit, pecan, fig, proscuitto stuffing

Happy Thanksgiving! Here is what I just cooked 3 hours ago: cornish game hens stuffed with dried-fruit-pecan-fig-apple-prosciutto stuffing, served with green beans and roasted sweet potatoes and apples. NO BIG TURKEY THIS YEAR. Turns out cornish game hens are a great alternative to turkey. In fact, I did not miss turkey at all. I will be posting a recipe shortly. Happy Thanksgiving to every one again, I hope you had a great feast!

• Monique November 23, 2012, 6:22 am

We love Cornish hens..what a great idea..I made Osso Bucco for ours:)
    Not traditional at all..

• Julia November 23, 2012, 3:50 pm

I am glad somebody else did not go traditional route. Osso Bucco is so delicious!

• Noel Lizotte November 23, 2012, 12:15 pm

We went to mom’s for dinner, dad made a 15lb turkey for the small group of us that were there … only 10 this year. Too many for Cornish Hens, but I love this idea and know my husband would be more excited about the hens than the turkey!!

• Julia November 26, 2012, 11:01 pm

I must say I loved cornish hens better than turkey. I am a simple soul, what can I say?

• Tash November 28, 2012, 1:40 am

Are these little birds just what we call poussin – i.e. a small chicken? I always get confused about this when American programmes call for Cornish game hens as Cornwall doesn’t really have such birds as a distinct foodstuff and they are not sold over here at all. Your plate looks truly delicious though, there is nothing lovelier than a proper roast chicken dinner. I guess that they are also easier to heat through with stuffing in there. Yum! 🙂

• Julia November 28, 2012, 10:28 pm

Yes, Cornish game hen is just a small chicken! I don’t know why they call it hen, it can be male or female. And you’re absolutely right, it’s much easier to heat it through with stuffing in it – took me about 40 minutes to cook all 3 of them. It would’ve taken me 4-5 hours to cook a Thanksgiving size turkey with the same type of stuffing.

• Lindsay December 10, 2013, 7:51 pm

Can you post the recipe please?