This is a truly incredible salad combining quite a variety of flavors on one plate: beets, oranges, pecans, Gorgonzola cheese, arugula. Give it a try!
It’s not at all dominated by beets: all ingredients are well-balanced. I like to put quite a lot of beets in there, but you can get away with as few as you want. I have it sometimes for lunch, it also makes for a very presentable salad to go with dinner!
Arugula salad with beets and Gorgonzola cheese
makes 2 or 3 servings
Prep time: 30 min
- 1 Small Beet, cooked
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gorgonzola Cheese
- 5 slices of Orange, Tangerines
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
1) Boil raw beets.
2) To caramelize pecans: add butter and sugar to the frying pan on medium-high heat, add pecans. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, to coat the pecans until they caramelize. Place pecans on foil and let them cool.
3) To make salad dressing: Mix vinegar with agave nectar, then add oil, whisking until emulsified.
4) Cut beet in half and then slice those halves in thin pieces.
5) Cut each slice of orange in half.
6) Put Arugula leaves on each serving plate, sprinkle with half of the salad dressing.
Throw beet slices, orange slices, and pecan halves, then sprinkle with the rest of the salad dressing (without overdoing it). Sprinkle some dressing on the plate around the salad for garnish. Crumble the gorgonzola cheese on top.